Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

FT Island's Front Man in "Vampire"

Lee Hong Ki as Count Dracula

FT Island's front man, lead vocalist Lee Hong Ki, will be stretching his acting chops again. This time, he'll be tackling on the role of the most infamous and debonair monster of all time, Count Dracula.

Many people know of Count Dracula as the one time Romanian Prince Vlad "the Impaler", known for impaling unlucky victims on stakes, hence the nickname. As well as the lead character in Bram Stoker's, "Dracula". Pop culture has talked about him being suave, dashing but a horrifying blood sucker who quenched his thirst by entrancing lovely ladies to come to him so he could indulge in a little snack.

Super Junior's Sung Min, INFINITE's Sung Gyu and FT Island's Hong Ki will rotate in the role of "Count Dracula"


I am not familiar with the musical. The characters are all different from any version we've seen here in the U.S. Their version has characters named, "Adriana", "Pierre", "Lorraine". I have no idea who those are, unless they're supposed to correspond to the English counterparts, "Mina", "Van Helsing" and "Lucy". It's all a mystery to me. But it will be interesting to see how much will differ from the book and movies that have come out so far.



I'm especially interested to see how Hong Ki will bring his off-beat, endearing and sometimes comedic style into such a serious role. I had a taste of that in his last TV series, "Bride of the Century", where he played a plutocratic heir to a big named shopping mall. I felt he really pulled off the high brow brattiness in that role. However, I must say that sometimes I felt the depth of hurt and despair he experienced didn't reach down far enough to be really believable. And when he tried to be sexy, I didn't get the feeling that there was enough for the scene. I mean the girl didn't even look tempted! I actually didn't care for her, but anyways. (Sorry Hong Ki, I love you, I really do! Mianhae!)

If you take a look at the teaser, he looks very promising as the Count. I think even more so that the other two idols that will be rotating the role with him: Sung Min's Super Junior, Sung Gyu's INFINITE. Of the three, I think Hong Ki really gives off more charisma. Will be looking forward to the reviews!

Opens August 10, 2014.



Source: 24-7 K-Pop

1 comment:

  1. Hi! :) I really like your blog, especially because I'm really interested about Lee Hong Ki and everything about him! I admit I've only gotten to know about him since I watched Bride of the Century (and I wasn't really into him then), but when I watched and heard him sing, that was it for me. Over the past few weeks I've been trying to know more about him and I get frustrated when I see news that I can't understand since they're in Korean or written from a Korean's point of view, so when I stumbled on to your blog I was really delighted! :) Although I've watched Mnet Scandal and GWGM, I like how you dealt with the episodes and your thoughts about each one! But sadly you stopped posting about them. :( You might be busy but please find time to post about FT Island and Lee Hong Ki again. :)

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)