Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Romantic and the Idol

The second season for this surprisingly popular South Korean show begins tonight on December 30th.

Participating in this season are: G.NA, Jewelry's Yewon, SPICA's Jiwon, and TWO X's Eunyoung, F.T. Island's Jong Hoon, BtoB's Minhyuk, VIXX' N and ZE:A's Kevin.

To drum up some anticipation for the broadcast, Jong Hoon went to tweeting on his account:

"@FtGtJH: 30일 더로맨틱 방송이에요 :) tvn 에서 봅시다 !"
(More romance on the 30th on TvN) *sorry, literal translation

It'll be interesting to see how the 2nd season goes. I can't speak for the past season (since I didn't watch it) or for any of the other idols, but I did watch Jong Hoon's Mnet Scandal appearance and he was a hands on type of person. He didn't initiate most of the skinship, but he allowed it (holding hands, kissing on lips) which was, well, scandalous. I wonder how his fans will or will not take it. Haha. I bet a bunch are going to go "Nooooo!" If he kisses someone.

Honestly, I didn't know Korea had reality shows like this. From all the Koreans I've talked to, shows are usually clean and family friendly. But the concept of this show is to bring these idols together in a secluded area, throw them together in dating situations and see if any pairs match up. Very, very American. It sounds like "Big Brother" meets "Real World".

It'll also be interesting to see how idols date. It's hard for them to date with their busy schedules, and some haven't even been in serious relationships. I wonder if these guys even know how to go beyond all the cheesiness and be able to act themselves?

Which brings me to my one complaint about this show. How often do idols date each other? Is this even really realistic? I think I liked Mnet Scandal more since it paired stars with supposedly regular people. This whole show sounds like practice.

I only hope that Jong Hoon doesn't make his date wait like he did before.

To all the idols, hwaiting! Let's see how they do!

For Jong Hoon's Mnet Scandal episodes, start by going to this link:

http://youtu.be/lJWY_PmYLqU
(Found on http://www.allkoreanentertainment.blogspot.com/ and sub by Happy Island Subs)

Sources: Allkpop and Choi Jong Hoon's Twitter

Comment or give feedback, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)