Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

FT Island's "Love Sick" Covered by Lee Young Hyun

Veteran singer Lee Young Hyun covered "Love Sick", a popular tune from one of my favorite groups, FT Island on "I Am a Singer 2".

I am gonna be up front and just say it. I did not like the version at all. I felt it did not do the original justice. During the first verse I thought it started off nicely. But as the tempo picked up, it fell to pieces.

The tempo wasn't the issue for me. Let me be clear. The issue was the tone of the voice. It was just...screechy. No backing to it. I understand Lee Young Hyun is a veteran singer, and she packed emotion behind the lyrics for sure. But I have to shake my head at her tone. It was like nails grating over a chalkboard.*shiver*

Nonetheless, as an FT Island fan, I am happy she covered it. When singers cover other artist's songs, it is paying them a huge compliment. And I hope FT Island and Primadonnas are happy about that.

Here's the link to the performance below with the article that broke with the story on AllKpop. (As always, I don't own the video)


Tell me, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)