Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: FT Island's New Japanese Single "You Are My Life"

Here I go again, FT Islanding up my blog! For fans and Pri's, the next musical chapter in these 5 treasures' career is coming up very soon. They will be releasing a new Japanese single called, "You Are My Life".

It's soft rock ballad that starts off with leader Choi Jong Hun on the piano and moving throughout. Mixed with Seung Hyun's rock chords on guitar, Jae Jin's back-up harmonies and Hong Ki's vocals carrying the simple melodic line, it's certainly touching and sentimental. "Listen to my heart...Even till this day, even when you are far away from me...You are my life..." (Sorry, my Japanese is a little rusty. I still have a hard time gathering gists of songs in Japanese, especially slow songs because they break up the syllables. And it's been years since I tried to speak semi-fluently. I'll try to post the English subs when they're available.)

I, for one, love this song. Not just because it's FT Island and Lee Hong Ki, but I like the types of songs that you can listen to and know the theme of the song just by listening to the music. Even though it's in a different language, it touches your soul.

Here's the video released by Warner Music Japan. All right's to them and FT Island. I wish they sold the music on iTunes in the States, but this will have to do.


On sale March 27, 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)