Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Aigoo Aegyo

Aegyo...what is the meaning of "aegyo"? To me, it sounded like another expression of dismay, like "aigoo".

During my early years exploring Korean entertainment, I used to see a lot of girls (and some guys too!) being all flirty and cute with one another. It's as subtle as the batting of eyes towards the opposite sex, or as extreme as talking in childlike voices. I found out that these actions are what the Koreans call, "aegyo".

When done innocently and spontaneously, it is the absolute cutest thing, however, when overplayed, it can get really darn annoying.

I found this clip on YouTube of a pretend phone call between idols Lee Hong Ki of FT Island and Minah of Girls Day. (Note: I do not own the video and I do not know what show this is from. Credit to Youtube user "pinkyhachirou" for posting this cute video)

Let me say that since I have never had aegyo done to me, this is only what I would imagine it being like.

You be the judge- cute or annoying. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)