Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hungry for Soondubu

I can't believe it, but I am actually feeling chilly. I'm sitting in my living room with the door open for a little breeze to come through. It's the middle of summer and it feels like it's late winter/early spring.

Nights like this make me crave for some Soondubu Jjigae or spicy soft tofu soup.

It's a light soup made with spicy pepper paste, veggies like green onion and soft tofu. Sadly, even though it seems relatively easy to make, I haven't been able to try. Sigh...need to up this on my list of recipes to make.

Since I can't make it, when I need a fix, I go to my nearest Korean restaurant to order it. But you can't take it home! Like pho, it's best eaten at the table. With the usual sides of vegetables (banchan), of course. It comes in an earthenware pot, scalding hot, with all the bubbling soup sitting inside waiting to be eaten. Eat with some rice and the aforementioned veggies and you've got a light healthy meal.

Eat you soon, soondubu!

Image courtesy of me, please ask before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)