Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Duk~Duk~Dukkbokki!

One of my favorite Korean dishes is spicy rice cake, or dukk bokki. I had it once at a Korean restaurant near my house and I fell in love with it's spicy goodness at once! (Photo courtesy of moi, me. A photo I took right before I devoured this dish with friends. If you want to use it, please ask.)



It's rice sticks simmered in a slightly sweet and mostly spicy red pepper sauce with anything from fish cake, green onion and pork. It's hearty and satisfying, great on cold blustery days in the winter. Note that there isn't actually a "winter" season where I live, however it does get pretty darn cold for our tastes.

I'm always looking to make new things at home for my family. I was really at a loss at how to make it until I found this YouTube video by a user named Maangchi. I've come across a couple of her other videos and like them and I thought I would give it a try. She's very detailed and takes you step by step through the whole process.

Let me tell you, it's delicious! I now make my own dukk bokki at home instead of buying. I usually put in some pork, extra dried anchovies (cause I love them) and more sugar (cause I'm a sugar-holic). Unless I'm feeling lazy that is, then I'll buy it at the nearest Asian market.

Most of the ingredients shown in the video can be found in Asian or Korean markets.

Mmmm, just thinking about it makes me want to make some now!

Click the link below to view the video!
Dukk Bokki Recipe

And after you're done eating, you just may want to indulge in some watermelon or some other flavored soju!

Photo courtesy of moi, me. If you would like to use it, please ask me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)