Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

KARA Handicap Parking

I am not a huge fan of KARA, but I do like their music. But if I were a fan, I would be a bit upset with the latest news.

Their van was seen parked for fifteen minutes or so in a handicap zone. What's worse is that the girls were seen snacking in the back leisurely and taking restroom breaks. And they were even asked to leave.

Now, granted, none of the girls were driving. But driver, come on! If you can't find parking, keep on driving! And girls, if you have to use the restroom, what is wrong with the driver just dropping you off? Can't the van cruise slowly until parking is found?

How could they think it would be ok?

Let me say that if the girls and the driver had any compassion, they would have spoken up and not had parked there.

As a daughter of parents that have been or still are handicapped I am outraged! I'm not sure how many areas there are in Korea for handicapped parking, but I'm pretty sure it's way less than there are for non-handicapped people.

If they only knew how hard it is to get out of a car when you're handicapped, how much room you would need for a walker or someone to assist you, they wouldn't have parked there. If they only knew how far some of these folks, like my parents, would have to walk to entrances because someone was parked there, they wouldn't have parked there. If only they knew how it felt to squeeze out of a closely fit parking stall when you're disabled, they wouldn't have parked there.

I'm glad their management company, DSP, issued an apology. It's only right that they do. Good grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)