Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FT Island's Song "Life"

While searching online the other night I came across another song off of FT Island's new album, "Five Treasure Box" named "Life".

It was a song that sounded reminiscent, yet hopeful. Another heart tugger. (See my previous post FT Island's "Your Words") So I naturally had to look up the lyrics online. What I found, to me, was profound and packed with such emotion I wanted to share it.

I've always been a firm believer that songs are windows to an artist's soul. And if that holds true, FT Island is speaking volumes. Here's a couple of snippets.


My life
We are also people who dream of our future
One by one, my future is getting fulfilled
But there were days when I wanted to rip it apart and throw it out
But I can’t just give up when I came all the way here
I crazily shout, asking for the missed miracles to come back
But nothing returns
.......
If you can’t go back to the past
Cherish this moment right now everyday
So you won’t be embarrassed with yourself that you always protect
I don’t want to remain as an ambiguous existence
Why do I lie and deceive myself everyday like a fool?
Look carefully, this isn’t me – someone please tell me
I want my true self – my life
For the full song lyrics go to kpoplyrics.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)