Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Asian Stars Bulking Up!

I've been noticing trends with the Asian male stars, and mostly Korean since that's what I've been watching a lot. There seems to be a trend favoring bodies that are leaner and sexier.

Where lean and skinny was once considered handsome or pretty, muscular and "cut" (showing muscular definition) seems to now have taken over.

Take for instance one time SS501 leader Kim Hyun Joong. While he was filming the popular K-Drama "Boys Before Flowers" he was lean, a little on the skeletal side and handsomely beautiful. Cut to a few years later and he's seen without shirts showing off his ripped (aka chocolate) abs and defined pecs and biceps.

Another example is CNBlue hottie Jung Yong Hwa. He was Park Shin Hye's affectionate, yet sometimes awkward suitor in the popular drama "You're Beautiful". While filming, he was lean, with slight definition to his arms and chest. Earlier this year, after wrapping up promotions for CNBlue's latest album, "Ear Fun", he tweeted that he would be hitting the gym to bulk himself up. In a recent video posted on AllKPop, he shows off his back in a wife beater (that's a men's tank top in case you haven't hear the term before. It doesn't actually mean that you beat your wife). His back muscles and arms clearly defined as he flexed for the camera.

Lastly is FT Island member's Lee Hong Ki and Choi Jong Hoon. While at a concert, in front of hundreds of their fans, they promise they are going to show them better bodies at a future concert. Jong Hoon and Hong Ki hit the gym and while they were in Thailand, Hong Ki pulls up Jong Hoon's shirt displaying his abs to all their adoring fans. Sadly, I don't think Hong Ki was able to show his set off yet. (sorry ladies!)

My point is, what is the point?? In just my humble opinion these guys looked great before they started to work out. I know they love their fans and it's their job to look good, but honestly, sometimes stars/idols can go overboard. Why do these stars feel like they need to bulk up in order to look more handsome? Weren't they handsome enough before? What? Their  handsome faces, voices or acting weren't enough? And why are we, the fans, encouraging them to change? I hope it's for their own self worth and health. I think that would be ok. But anything other than that, is so unnecessary in my opinion.

These stars shouldn't tamper with what God gave them. They should be grateful they're already handsome. I wish these stars would remember that some fans love them just the way they are.

Want to see an example? Go to part 2 of this post. Tell me, do you think as handsome as these stars are, they need to be bulking up?

By the way, can anyone who reads my post tell me if they can read any of my current posts? I usually post daily, and I think there may be something wrong with my site. Please help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)