Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Psy's Gangnam Style!

OMG, this song and it's music video is everywhere here. From radio stations, to Facebook posts to covers, it's becoming extremely popular!

I'll admit that this song is super catchy. The beat, the catchphrase "Oppa Gangnam Style!" is so repetitious you'll be saying it in your sleep. And the dancing, good lord the dancing, I can totally see a new dance craze.

But wait! Why does that dance move look so familiar?? Oh yeah! It looks like the galloping horse dance from back in the early 2000's. Only now, it's updated to use two hands to "hold the horse" instead of one.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing Psy for coming up with a repeat move. I just find it funny that a version of the horse dance is making a comeback so soon. Can you just imagine a whole flash mob dancing to this? That would be so cool!

I really like the lyrics. It's interesting cause it's level headed lyrics, but weird because it's with off key scenes.

The lyrics talk about how he is the type of guy, like the guys from Gangnam, that likes girls that are clothed more without any bare skin showing. Like Gangnam guys, he finds girls that are like that sensible, but sexy. Totally his style. Got to respect that. (I'm paraphrasing only a section of the song by the way)

It's hilarity but with a good message.

"Oppa Gangnam Style!" LOL!


I do not own this video. All credit goes to PSY. What a guy that PSY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)