Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

On Set Life

I once again lived two lives.

One as a production crew member and the other as an actress.

Granted this time I was only an extra. But all in all, I was just like everyone else.

I had to check in, get my wardrobe checked to make sure I had the appropriate attire and the colors that I had on didn't blend too much with everyone else.

Instead of hair and make-up, I proceeded to wait for my scenes. I was led on set by a production assistant, given my instructions and then cues. The PA would say "rolling" and then.... "action!" At which time I would begin my scene with everyone else.

Then, there's the wait while the director reviews the footage. From there it's either more waiting, or re-setting to the first position.

And.... Repeat a hundred times. No joke.

The director will try many different combinations between actors and/or extras before finally yelling "cut!" and then... You set for the next scene. Repeat this past paragraph 4 times and them move to the next location. It was like this for 12 hours a day.

These actors and actresses are awesome. It takes talent to be in a spot. You have to wait for hours and you never know when they will want you.

After hours of waiting, you get to your marker and play your role. It's very hard to go from cold to enthusiastic or pessimistic, depending on your assigned role.

After a 12 hour or more day, you get to do it again the morning.

Still think its fabulous? Like I said in a previous post, it's hard work. I wouldn't exactly recommend to just anyone.

Good luck to anyone who tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! (No profanities though!)